Sunday, November 14, 2010

Extinction of Libraries

I've been working on a conference paper with some colleagues about using engagement and play in the workplace, particularly as a way to re-invent Libraries. I think it's started to rub off on me when I included this in an ALIA survey:

I think the most important issue facing our profession is that we are not moving fast enough with the times. We spend too long talking to each other about how important and necessary we are, and not enough time looking to our users to improve services based on their desires. I don't think the solution often touted by Librarians is promotion of our current services. I believe the solution is change. There are a lot of libraries doing this, but perhaps not enough.

They just wanted to know why I was a non-member. Maybe a little too heavy?

No comments:

Post a Comment