Thursday, June 2, 2011

EndNote and cupcakes

I feel like such a library dork my first two posts for #blogjune are about EndNote. *sigh* Actually there will be another two in the series. I also blog at Research@UTS:Library, but have completely fallen behind with RAILS and Educause. So thought I would kill two birds with one stone.

The 4 part series will chronicle my epic adventure in referencing a journal article. I mean, who has ever heard of numbered referencing style before? The irony of this is after I spent a week learning how to do this, we didn't even make it to peer review for that journal as they publish articles that are more researchery and not so conceptual. So after yelling at my computer and sending numerous emails to my colleagues there was NO WAY I was going to let this slide by and not get something out of the experience. Hence:

1st June: How to hack EndNote: writing a journal article (part 1)
2nd June: How to hack EndNote: writing a journal article (part 2)

Also - I must learn how to do the cupcake swirls in the video below. I have the big tip, coupler and large piping bag from Wilton. It's a crime not to have used them yet.


4 comments:

  1. I enjoy piping and must also try this swirly technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm cupcakes. I need that big tip though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will just offer my services to eat your trial cupcakes! that goes for Ghylene and Penny too :) though am not sure how they will survive the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) You definitely need the big tip - it just aint' the same without it. We're having a cupcake tasting afternoon tea at work next week - perfect time to test it out. There may be pictures - if not we know its all gone horribly wrong.

    ReplyDelete